It has come to my attention that we as women, maybe even men (I haven't talked to any men about this), don't truly love ourselves, which makes me sad. We are so amazing. We are daughters of God, who have divine talents and attributes. Not only that, but we are unique and we should celebrate that we are not the same as others. We need to stop comparing ourselves and accept us for who we are. I know I need to work on this.
In college I had a wise roommate who helped me realize that I was special. I had dated a lot of guys who made me feel small. When I was having a bad day or doubting myself, she would ask the following.
She would say "Why do I love you?"
I would respond "Because I'm Me!"
She would then say "How do I Love You?"
I would reply "Just the Way I Am!"
Her mom did that with her and she wanted to pass on the love. So if you are feeling like you need some validation or just some reaffirmation that you are amazing try it with someone you love. You will begin to believe it because it is true.
Here is a little feel good music to go with my thought for the day! Do something nice for yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment