I got 2 clips from the flower section at my local grocery store. They are the best clips because one side has a hole in it for a nail. Then 2 wooded suns from the craft store. To glue together, I cut up little strips of cardboard and folded in thirds. Then glued the cardboard to the clip to give more surface area. Then glued the suns to the cardboard and clip. See pic below.
You can't see the cardboard, but it is glued right above the silver ring.
I also bought 2 wooden shelves and painted them green. I even painted the frame of this picture. It was black and I wanted it to be more of a barn yard color.And lastly I bought wooden letters for Ethan. I painted them red and then put white dots around for a border. Now his room looks so cute. It makes me happy to see it everyday and to realize that I made these things. Simple but effective.
1 comment:
Good for you! Very cute. I am in the same boat and need a creative outlet. Even when my house is a mess and my kids are watching TV all day, it is worth a little time on a project.
Post a Comment