Sunday, November 15, 2009
Bambi is on the Menu
Hail to the Conquering Hero! I am proud to say that yesterday Jim brought home the Bacon. . . Oh I mean the DEER. He has been deer hunting 3 years now and finally got something this year. This is actually the first year that he even saw a deer while hunting. His luck is improving. He thought he was shooting a doe (doe a deer, a female deer), but after shooting it he realized it was a young buck that didn't have any antlers yet. So it was probably only a year old, but that means the meat is extra tender. We had us some venison steaks for dinner tonight. O00h wee, were they good. We are going redneck all the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gordon says they are called button bucks. Maybe Jim's facial hair this year was a good luck charm?! Better camouflage.
hahahaha.
I think it might've been the facial hair too!
Think of the money you'll save by not having to buy beef!
Post a Comment