Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

To celebrate our independence, we had a B-B-Q at our friends house. I was asked to bring dessert and this is my first attempt at a layered cake. It's pretty patriotic. It is my mom's Blueberry Cake. I added the strawberries to make it red white and blue. There is even a strawberry layer. My friends loved the cake by the way. After a yummy dinner, we watched some awesome fireworks on the lake in their neighborhood then ended with our own fireworks. Many of which almost went under our car, which added to the excitement of the evening. Everyone here spends sooooo much money on fireworks. It is insane.
I am even dressed patriotic
along with my cute toes The flag and fireworks.
Sorry for those who don't like feet. I just had to show it.

1 comment:

Andrea Olsen said...

I wanted to do my toes, just ended up with not enough time!
You'll have to have a "cooking class" and show us how to bake that cake! It looks SO yummy!