Monday, October 12, 2009

Parents Visit

Family is the best. My mom and step dad, Greg visited us for just 2 short days last week. Even though the time was limited, we packed in the fun. Mom and I got in some great shopping. We found the most amazing sales at JC Penny. I love that store. We even found a Halloween costume for me. I am going to be a gypsy. We then got inspired and went to Savers, where we found clothes for a pirate costume. I have to thank my Aunt Debbie for the idea because Cliff was a pirate last year for Halloween. We added some ruffles to a white shirt and he looks just like a pirate. Jim is even growing some facial hair to add to the affect.

We also made some time to visit Liberty Jail. I love going there. Such a neat place. The spirit is always so strong there. Joseph Smith was such a great man and prophet. He suffered so much while in jail, yet his faith stayed strong and because of that he received amazing revelations from God. We were all touched by our visit. Then to end the visit we took them to a local BBQ place. The food was so good. We loved having our family with us. Come back any time.

3 comments:

Maurice&Tash said...

Oh I miss the jail... maybe I can bring my husband someday and we can visit.

Maurice&Tash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

looks like fun! i like the dark hair too!